Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Seven 21 Day Fix Dinners

So at some point I always plan my dinners and write my grocery list accordingly. Below is the plan for this week. I live at home, so I'm usually cooking for three to four people.

Monday Steak Tacos

1 yellow, 1 green, 1/2 red, 1/2 blue 

I've had this meal a couple times. I wasn't sure about the corn tortillas, but despite the crumble they taste pretty great!

Tuesday - Breakfast for dinner

2 red, 1 yellow, 1 purple

I'm by myself for dinner on Tuesday, so I'm going with my "go to" breakfast for dinner - two eggs, four slices of turkey bacon, and a slice of Ezekiel bread (toasted!).

Wednesday Baked Ziti

1 yellow, 1 red, 1 green, 1 blue 

I don't make my own tomato sauce, so I will be using one from Giant. The recipe looks great, and I'm excited to try it. I think I'll be making some more substitutions as well. I'll keep you posted.

Thursday - Pizza

4 slices 1 blue, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 orange per slice 

This is my own invention, and I believe the containers may be a tad bit off. 

Ingredients: 

  • non stick coconut oil spray 
  • 1 whole wheat pizza crust
  • 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil 
  • 1/4 cup of tomato sauce (no salt added)
  • 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 sliced medium tomato * 
  • torn up basil leaves *

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
  2. Lightly coat pizza sheet with the coconut oil
  3. Spread olive oil over the dough making sure to get the edges
  4. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the dough - leaving edges uncovered for the crust of the pizza
  5. Layer with cheese, tomato*, and basil*
  6. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cheese is bubbling
*or make it without the tomato and basil for a plain pizza. I like the tomato and basil :) 

Friday - Chicken Enchilada Soup

1 green and 1 red
Looks yummy especially for a cold day. I'm excited to try it!

Saturday - Slow Cooker Pulled Pork BBQ

1 red, 1/4 purple, 1 yellow (changed depending on if you use a roll or not)

I love crockpot recipes! I really want to prep a whole week's worth. That's going to be my goal for a future Sunday. 

Sunday - Cajun Sausage Soup

1 red, 1/2 green, 1 yellow
It's a weekend full of crockpot meals. I'm loving it. 



Hope you found something to use for your meals. I can't wait to try out the new ones. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your support 
xx Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment